*Denotes Required Field
( ) -
( ) -
Important Interview Dates:
- First-Time Applicants are expected to attend an interview day on April 7, 2018. If you are absolutely unable to attend, please contact the camp office to make other arrangements.
- Summer begins with supper on Sunday, June 24th, 2018. The commitment is for all 10 weeks ending the morning of Sunday, September 2nd.
- Hired staff are given an honorarium for their work. An honorarium will be paid to start at $1000 for the summer and to increase slightly with years served and responsibility.
- Honoraria will be paid at the end of July and the end of August.
- Staff receive one day off per week, arranged by your supervisor after hiring.
Work and Volunteer Experience:
Vulnerable Sector Screening and Police Check Information:
Successful applicants 18-25 years of age will be required to provide a Police Check. Those over 25 years of age will need to complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening. JOY is using www.mybackcheck.com as a no-cost-to-you service for Police Checks; the procedure will be forwarded to you upon hiring.
We require the completion of a reference form from an adult who can attest to your character. Examples of suitable candidates to be your reference would be a mentor, pastor or youth pastor, employer or leader you have worked/volunteered for, or an individual who has supervised your work experience. (Reference forms should not be completed by family members).
Please give the name and contact information for the three* references to whom you will be sending a reference form to. (*If you are a returning applicant, only one reference is required.)
Link for Summer Staff reference form: https://joybiblecamp.sunergo.net/2018StaffRef
( ) -
( ) -
( ) -
Statement of Beliefs & Character:
For 70 years, Joy Bible Camp has existed for the purpose of introducing people to Jesus Christ and encouraging them in their relationship with Him. All of our facilities and programs are designed to serve that purpose, in the beautiful natural setting that God has blessed us with.
What we believe:
1. The Trinity – We believe God exists eternally in 3 persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All were involved in the creation of this world and of mankind in their image.
2. The Lord Jesus – We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and was also fully man when He walked on earth. He lived a sinless life. He died for our sins, was buried, and rose again. We believe Jesus is the only mediator between mankind and God. He will come again to gather His church, wrap up history, and defeat Satan.
3. Salvation – We believe that mankind is spiritually dead and unable to do anything to earn its own salvation. All men and women are sinners. Salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ and is a gift of God’s grace which we cannot earn through any human effort.
4. The Holy Spirit – We believe that the Holy Spirit convinces mankind of its need for God and facilitates our spiritual rebirth. The Holy Spirit lives inside believers to enable them to live a godly life.
5. The Bible – We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, is without mistake or contradiction in its original documents, and is our guide and final authority for our faith and behavior.
6. Life after death – We believe that all mankind will live forever – those who have faith in Jesus Christ will live in the presence of God in heaven, and those who have not accepted Him will be eternally banned from His presence.
7. The Church – The church universal is made up of all believers in Jesus Christ. All believers should be committed to a local fellowship for the purpose of growth and encouragement, and to practice regularly the Lord’s Supper, as Christ commanded.
Character Statement: Because our staff and cabin leaders are representatives of Jesus Christ and Joy Bible Camp both while serving at camp and throughout the year, we ask that you conduct yourself in accordance with Biblical principles that reflect godly character and respect for your body as indwelt by God’s Holy Spirit:
- speech and actions that honour God and others – this includes all representations of yourself and Joy Bible Camp on the internet, Facebook, and YouTube
- sexual purity – avoidance of all forms of harassment and abuse; abstaining from all sexual activity outside of heterosexual marriage
- avoiding all forms of substance abuse and addiction – alcohol, illegal and prescription drugs, tobacco; addictive behaviors such as gambling
More details are outlined in our Abuse/Harassment Prevention Policy, to be signed by all hired staff. Conduct that is in violation of the above, or that puts other staff or campers at any risk will result in immediate termination of employment. By signing you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these statements.
- I authorize Joy Bible Camp to contact the references that I have provided in this application.
- I am aware of Joy Bible Camp's Statement of Beliefs and Character.
- I waive my right to access a copy of the references or background checks obtained by the camp in connection with my application.
- I confirm that the information provided in this application is complete and true.